Use Drive Less Connect’s Trip Calendar to track your positive impact!
The Trip Calendar measures your alternative commute activities and their financial and environmental savings. It’s the perfect tool to help you keep track of how much money, gasoline and CO2 you save by leaving the car at home.
Simply log (record) your trips on a daily or weekly basis and watch the numbers—and your contribution—add up.
When you use the Trip Calendar on a routine basis, you may even be eligible to win prizes through reward programs such as monthly drawings.
Quick Guide to Logging Trips
Drive Less Connect has a robust trip calendar that allows you to log trips for a variety of mode options, including carpooling, vanpooling, transit, bike commuting, telecommuting, walking and much, much more. And, you can now log the use of multiple mode options in a single day. Perfect for those of you that bike and use transit to get to work.
1. Create or log in to your account
2. Select "Calendar" in the blue menu navigation bar
3. Select a transportation mode from the left hand side menu navigation bar right next to the calendar. A Trip Details window will pop up asking for: Trip purpose, start and end location, whether or not the trip is a round trip, and select network(s) for trip.
Select network(s) for this trip: Check the name of the network or program you want your trips to count toward.
4. Now click the date of your trip on the Calendar.
If you answered yes to the Round Trip question in the Trip Details pop up window you’ll see two mode icons – two bus icons or two bike icons for example. If you answered no you’ll see just one mode icon.
5. Multi-Modal Trips: For trips that use more than one transportation option, repeat steps 2 and 3 for each mode option used. If the start and return legs of your trip are different, which may be the case for transit trips, do not select round trips in the Trip Details pop up window.
6. To check your progress, select “Trip Report” right above the calendar to generate a report of your trips. The report will provide you with trips not driven alone, amount saved, carbon dioxide saved, miles not driven alone, trip distance, mode used and trip purpose.