These rules (the “Official Rules”) govern your participation in the 2017 Oregon Drive Less Challenge, which awards prizes to people (“you” or “entrant”) who commute by transportation options other than single-occupant cars. Please read these Official Rules carefully before submitting your entry. If you do not agree to the terms of these Official Rules, you should not enter. Participation constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Challenge.
The 2017 Oregon Drive Less Challenge (the “Challenge”) is sponsored and administered by the Oregon Department of Transportation (“ODOT” or “Sponsor”), 355 Capital Street NE, MS11, Salem, Oregon 97301-3871 The Challenge is open only to legal residents of Oregon, and legal residents of Washington, Idaho and California who to commute a job in Oregon. You must be at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Grand Prize: Entries may be logged between 12:00 a.m. (PDT) September 16, 2017, and 11:59 pm (PDT) September 30, 2017 (the “Challenge Period”) to be eligible for a grand prize.
WEEKLY Prizes: Entries may be logged between 12:00 a.m. (PDT) September 16, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. (PDT) September 30, 2017 (the “Daily Prize Period”) to be eligible for a weekly prize.
The online Drive Less Connect Platform will be the official time-keeping device.
How to Enter
To enter the Challenge, you first must register online at DriveLessConnect.com. Once you have registered an account, you may begin logging one-way Transportation Options trips (“T.O. Trips”) in the DriveLessConnect.com Trip Calendar. “Transportation Options,” for the purposes of this Challenge, include carpool, vanpool, telework, bus, train, walk and bike. A one-way T.O. Trip is any trip for any purpose, that is a minimum of 1/4 mile in distance, that includes travel from one location to a second location using a Transportation Option. In cases where multiple Transportation Options are used to get to a destination, each leg of the route using a different Transportation Option counts as a separate T.O. Trip. For example, biking from home to work counts as one T.O. Trip; biking from home to work and then back home counts as two T.O. Trips; biking to a bus stop and taking the bus to work counts as two T.O. Trips; and biking to a bus stop, taking the bus to work, and then taking the bus and biking home counts as four T.O. Trips. Multiple logged T.O. Trips per person per day are permitted.
Weekly Prizes – Specific Requirements
Weekly prizes will be listed on DriveLessConnect.com (certain prizes also are listed below) each week of the Challenge. To enter to win each week’s prizes, log at least one T.O. Trip for that week. For purposes of this challenge, a “week” begins at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) (PDT) and ends at 11:59 p.m. (PDT) for 7 full days. One T.O. Trip logged for the week earns one entry.
Grand Prizes – Specific Requirements
To be eligible for the drawing to win a grand prize, you must log a minimum of eight T.O. Trips during the Challenge. Once you have logged eight T.O. Trips, you will be eligible for the grand prize drawings. After logging eight T.O. Trips, each additional T.O. Trip logged will constitute an additional entry. For example, if you log seven T.O. Trips, you will not be eligible for the grand prize drawing; however, eight T.O. Trips earns eight entries, nine T.O. Trips earns nine entries; and so on. The T.O. Trips you log during the Weekly Prize Period also count toward the grand prize drawing, assuming you meet the minimum of eight logged T.O. Trips during the Challenge Period.
Weekly Prizes: Drawings will be held at noon on the Monday following each week of the Challenge. Winners will be selected at random and notified by the phone number or email address associated with their account within 24 hours of that day’s drawing. Odds of winning are based on the number of Challenge entrants, and the number of daily T.O. Trips logged per participant.
Grand Prizes: The grand prize drawings will take place October 17, 2017. The winners will be selected at random and notified by phone or email by October 17, 2017. Odds of winning are based on the number of Challenge participants, and the number of T.O. Trips logged per participant.
The following weekly prizes will be awarded each week of the Weekly Prize Period. Additional weekly prizes may be added. The description and approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each daily prize are listed on DriveLessConnect.com.
Log trips each week for a chance to win daily prizes (see official rules)
- $125KEEN Gift Cards
- Hydro Flasks (ARV value $24.95 per)
- $25 Dutch Bros Gift Cards
- $50 Black Star Bags Gift Cards
- $50 REI Gift Cards
Total weekly prize ARV is $$1,299.5.
Six grand prize winners will receive either one $500 cash card or one GenZe ebike (ARV: $1,500) (ARV: $Total grand prize ARV is $6,018)
All prizes are non-transferable. No substitution may be made except as provided at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
- Winning is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules, including rules regarding eligibility for participation. The potential winners may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within seven (7) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release in order to claim a prize.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Challenge if necessary for any reason, including but not limited to non-compliance with these Official Rules, fraud or technical reasons including computer viruses, bugs, tampering, or any other technical failures. Sponsor assumes no liability for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, or misdirected entries or for any problem with internet connection or technical problems that might hinder the ability of any person to enter the Challenge. Sponsor is not liable for typographical errors in these Official Rules or other promotional materials relating to the Challenge.
- In the event of a dispute, the holder of the established email account and phone number associated with the account registered with DriveLessConnect.com shall be deemed the entrant. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within three (3) calendar days or a notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to any prize, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Sponsor does not provide any warranty with respect to the prize. If a prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes.
- By accepting a prize, you consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use and publication of your name, hometown, likeness, photograph, voice, and statements in any media without further compensation or other consideration. Such use may be for editorial, public relations, promotional, or advertising purposes, or any other legal purpose as deemed reasonable by Sponsor.
- An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the SPONSOR’S WEBSITE SHOULD so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility and compliance with the official rules have been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any entry that occurs after Sponsor’s computer system has been compromised or failed for any reason is deemed a defective entry, is void and will not be honored.
- By entering the Challenge, you release and hold harmless Sponsor, subcontractors, TO partners, any prize provider, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or technology, arising out of participation in the Challenge, including the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
- Entrant shall defend, indemnify and hold Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents, employees, affiliates, and customers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and damages (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in connection with any breach of these Official Rules, and agrees that Sponsor will have no liability whatsoever for any claims, losses, or damages due to entrant’s acts, omissions, or breaches of these terms. In no way and no event will Sponsor be liable for any indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages with respect to any and all claims arising from or related to Entrant’s participation in this CHALLENGE.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, or errors in equipment or programming used in association with the execution of the Challenge; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Challenge; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Challenge or the processing of entries. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Challenge. If it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Challenge, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the state of Oregon, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Any dispute arising out of the Challenge will be resolved in the state and federal courts located in Salem, Oregon, and all parties consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
- For winner information, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Attention: Stephanie Millar at ODOT, 555 13th St. NE Salem 97301-4179 s
- All intellectual property used by Sponsor in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Challenge, including, without limitation, all trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Oregon Department of Transportation
355 Capitol Street NE, MS 11
Salem, OR 97301-3871